A plugin for Eclipse that provides integration with Bazaar. It is being developed by Guillermo Gonzalez. The Initial announcement is also available.
The plugin should currently be considered alpha.
- New build (0.0.13):
- fix handling of parent location in push and pull dialog (using 'bzr info' related branches section)
- add checkbox for remember option in pull and push dialog
- some fixes in the status calculation (for decorators)
- fix uncommit problem introduced in the previous build
- Property page (only at Project level) to show the contents of 'bzr info'
- In builds >= 0.0.13:
- bzr-xmloutput (trunk or revision >= 24)
- bazaar >= 0.9x recommended (should work with >=0.18, but not tested)
- Java SDK/JRE >=1.5 (a.k.a Java >=5.0)
- install the bzr-xmloutput plugin (if you have no idea what I'm talking about please visit the UsingPlugins page for detailed instructions)
- Launch eclipse
- Go to Help --> Software updates --> Find and install (see: HelpFindAndInstall).
- Select Search for new features to install and then --> Next (see: FeatureUpdate).
- Click New remote site.
- In the name field, enter Bazaar plugin for Eclipse and in the URL field http://steppenwolf.selfip.net/BazaarEclipse/update (see: UpdateSitesToVisit).
- Verify that the checkbox for the new update site is checked, and click Finish
- A dialog with the results should pop-up. (see: UpdateSiteSearchResults)
- Select the latest version inside bzr-eclipse (actual)
- Click Finish, and this will launch a wizard (license agreement, etc).
- Restart Eclipse. Make sure to restart it with "-clean" switch
- Go to: Window --> Preferences --> Team --> Bazaar. Enter the path to the bzr executable.
- To activate decorators go to: Preferences --> General --> Appearence --> Label Decorations and check Bazaar.
- Implemented commands:
- commit / uncommit
- annotate (need a lot of work)
- log (now is showed in a view inside eclipse)
- pull/push: Basic support with a popup to enter the url (Don't support authentication mechanims...be aware if a password is required this can hang Eclipse, see: bug 121936)
- update (very basic)
- Supported Eclipse features:
- Create a branch inside eclipse (actually a new project with a new branch in it)
- Import a branch as a project (this actually create a new branch which have the specified as parent)
- Improved Label decorators, now support Text decorations (revno last_author date)
- Rename and Move/delete support
- log view (ported from mercurialeclipse)
- Project property page to show the output of 'bzr info'
- Commands that require authentication (i.e: pull, push) produce a deadlock hanging Eclipse (be careful with this!) see: bug 121936
- In a branch command (import a project) there is no URI's validation